ITIL 4 Foundation Course
3 learners taking this course
- Levels: Beginner
- Lectures: 2 Sessions
- Duration: 10 Hours
- Class Size: 30 Persons
- Time: 09am -14pm
- Location: Cedar Office Estate, building 7, corner of Cedar Road and Stinkwood Close, Broadacres, Johannesburg, 2191
Min 6 Persons
Virtual classes available.
The purpose of the ITIL Foundation Qualification is to introduce delegates to the management of IT-enabled services, to provide them with an understanding of the common language and key concepts, and to shop them how they can improve their work and the work of their organization with ITIL 4 guidance. Furthermore, the qualification will provide the candidate with an understanding of the ITIL 4 service management framework and how it has evolved to adopt modern technologies and ways of working.
- Key concepts of service management
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
- Understand the purpose and components of ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- The purpose and key terms of 18 ITIL practices
- Understand 7 ITIL practices
This course is delivered in accordance with an accredited course syllabus and certification process. It combines tutorials, practical exercises and exam practice, reinforced through the trainers’ proven implementation track record. Successful candidates will be awarded the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management.
Examination The qualification is based on a 1-hour closed book multiple choice exam consisting of 40 questions and typically written on the Friday after the course. A mark of 26/40 or more is required to pass the exam.
Who should attend?
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL Framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of the IT service management within an organisation.
- IT professionals who are working within an organisation that has adopted and adapted ITIL and who need to be informed about, and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules.
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
Although there are no prerequisites for the course or for the exam, it is recommended that the exam candidates complete an accredited training course before attempting the exam.
- Classroom Training: 2 days
- Delivery methods available
- A public schedule of classroom based training
- Onsite, inhouse training for an organization
- Series of practical ½ day or full day workshops
- E-learning- Coming in May, 2019
- Live Virtual training